How have we designed this training for you?
CogNexus has provided training in the IBIS method and Compendium software – in support of Dialogue Mapping™ – for many years. The current training offering represents a substantial redesign from the past.
What were we trying to do?
• Simplify the learning process
• Make the video material easy to use
• Focus the exercises and assignments on key skills
• Make the training relevant to daily work in the professional workplace
• Support students who want to learn just some of the skills used in Dialogue Mapping
What does this mean for you?
• Minimal time spent listening to lectures
• Exercises allow you to practice new skills in small pieces
• Practical application assignments use your ‘real life’ situations
• Each component will address a specific, identified, skill set
• You can take as much – or as little – training as you wish
Not everything is new! We will continue provide you with detailed and personalized feedback (coaching) on practical application work — something that was highly regarded by participants in our earlier training courses.
How does the new training relate to the old training?
The student who completes C1 through C4 will cover approximately the same material as in our previous Issue Mapping Webinar Series (IMWS) or Self-Paced Issue Mapping Course (SIMC.)
The student who completes C5 and C6 will cover approximately the same material as in our previous Dialogue Mapping Workshop (DMW.)
Those who have received a certificate of completion for the IMWS or SIMC will be considered to have met the prerequisites for C5 or C7.
Those who have received a certificate of completion for the DMW will be considered to have met the prerequisites for C8.